Terms & Conditions
The Game Asset Market website (www.gameassetmarket.com) will be referred as (“Game Asset Market” or “GAM” or “we” or “us”). Our website features an online game assets marketplace which allows registered users of our site (“Members“) to sell and purchase a licence in respect of Assets (“Marketplace”).
Please read these Marketplace Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before using the Marketplace. In particular, please note the provisions of clauses 3.6 and 3.7 which affect your cancellation rights.
Please note that by using the Marketplace (whether as a Buyer or Vendor), you agree to be bound by these Marketplace Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in it.
- In these Marketplace Terms, the following definitions apply (in addition to the other definitions herein):
“Asset(s)” means any work, information, data, software, executable code, image, drawing, art concept, animation, audio content or video content in any digital medium or form including (but not limited to) 2D image files, 3D design files, GUI elements and audio files.
“Derivative Work” means a modification or addition to a Licensed Asset or any other form in which a Licensed Asset may be recast, transformed or adapted.
“Licence(s)” has the definition set out in clause 4.1.
“Licensed Asset” means an Asset in respect of which a Licence has been sold by a Vendor and purchased by a Buyer via the Marketplace.
“Media Product” means any digital and/or media product, creation or platform of a Buyer including (but not limited to) software, applications, video content, audio content, documents and websites.
“Monetized Media Product” means a Media Product which, in addition to any original sale price of the Media Product, is capable of producing further income, profits, gains and any other financial consideration, value, receipt or measure for any party by any means whatsoever, including (but not limited to) via in-app purchase facilities or advertising.
“Non-Monetized Media Product” means a Media Product in relation to which, other than the original sale price of the Media Product, no party is capable of receiving any further income, profits, gains and any other financial consideration, value, receipt or measure by any means whatsoever, including (but not limited to) via in-app purchase facilities or advertising.
“Buyer” means a Member who purchases a Licence of an Asset by way of sub-licence from Game Asset Market via the Marketplace.
“Vendor” a Member who offers to grant a Licence of an Asset to Game Asset Market for sub-license to other Members via the Marketplace.
- THE MARKETPLACE
2.1. Members may;
(a) sell Licences in respect of their Assets to Game Asset Market for sub-license to other Members via the Marketplace;
(b) purchase Licences by way of sub-licence from Game Asset Market in respect of other Members’ Assets via the Marketplace; and
(c) browse or access the Marketplace;
in accordance with these Marketplace Terms.
- PURCHASE OF LICENCES
3.1. The Licences dictate how the Assets may be used by the Buyer.
3.2. Game Asset Market is party to Licences purely for the purpose of licensing the applicable Licensed Asset from Vendors and sub-licensing the applicable Licensed Asset to Buyers.
3.3. The prices of the Licences (“Purchase Prices”) will be as quoted on the Marketplace from time to time.
3.4. The Marketplace contains a large number of Assets. The Buyer and Vendor acknowledge and agree that despite Game Asset Market’s reasonable precautions, Purchase Prices may be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to a typographical error or similar oversight. In these circumstances, Game Asset Market reserves the right to cancel or reverse a transaction, even after an order has been confirmed and a payment has been processed. If a transaction is cancelled, Game Asset Market will arrange for any payment to be credited or refunded.
3.5. Placing an order is as easy as adding items to your cart and checking out through our checkout process.
3.6. By virtue of submitting an order for a Licence via the Marketplace, the Buyer shall be deemed to have consented to being supplied the applicable Licensed Asset for download in accordance with clause 3.13 before the end of any statutory cancellation period to which the Buyer would otherwise be entitled and the Buyer acknowledges that, as a result, the Buyer will lose any such cancellation right and Game Asset Market hereby confirms to the Buyer such consent and acknowledgement.
3.7. Neither the Vendor nor the Buyer may cancel an order for a Licence once the order has been submitted via the Marketplace.
3.8. Game Asset Market does not give any undertaking as to the continued availability of Assets offered for Licence via the Marketplace.
3.9 The contracts between the Vendor and Game Asset Market and between the Buyer and Game Asset Market will each only be formed when Game Asset Market confirms acceptance of an order.
3.10. The Buyer must pay the Purchase Price in full.
3.11. Once the Purchase Price has been received by Game Asset Market, Game Asset Market will send the Buyer and Vendor an e-mail that confirms that the Purchase Price has been received (“Purchase Confirmation”).
3.12. A Licence shall be granted simultaneously from the Vendor to Game Asset Market and (by way of sub-licence thereof) from Game Asset Market to the Buyer and shall become effective once Game Asset Market has issued the Purchase Confirmation. For the avoidance of doubt, Game Asset Market’s entry into a Licence with a Vendor is subject to and conditional upon Game Asset Market entering into a related Licence with a Buyer and receiving the Purchase Price from the Buyer, failing which Game Asset Market shall not be bound by the Licence with the Vendor and Game Asset Market’s entry into a Licence with a Buyer is subject to and conditional upon Game Asset Market entering into a related Licence with a Vendor, failing which Game Asset Market shall not be bound by the Licence with the Buyer.
3.13. A Licensed Asset may be downloaded by the Buyer from the Marketplace immediately following notification of its availability for download by Game Asset Market.
3.14. Subject to clauses 3.8 and 3.16(d), during its availability on the Marketplace a Licensed Asset and each new version (if any) of that Licensed Asset may be downloaded by the Buyer from the Marketplace no more than five times.
3.15. Should the Buyer wish to obtain a full or partial refund in relation to a Licence, the Buyer should contact Game Asset Market to mediate and resolve the dispute.
3.16. For the avoidance of doubt, neither the Vendor nor Game Asset Market shall be obliged to provide a refund in respect of a Licence where the Buyer;
- a) no longer wishes to make use of a Licence or Licensed Asset;
- b) purchased the Licence by mistake;
- c) does not have sufficient expertise to use the Licensed Asset; or
- d) can no longer access a Licensed Asset because it has been removed by its Vendor from the Marketplace.
4.1. A “Licence” means that the Vendor grants to Game Asset Market (purely for the purpose of sub-licensing to the Buyer) and Game Asset Market grants (by way of sub-licence thereof) to the Buyer a non-exclusive perpetual licence to;
(a) use the Licensed Asset to create Derivative Works; and
(b) use the Licensed Asset and any Derivative Works as part of either one (1) Non-Monetized Media Product or one (1) Monetized Media Product which, in either case, is:
- i) used for the Buyer’s own personal use; and/or
- ii) used for the Buyer’s commercial use in which case it may be distributed, sold and supplied by the Buyer for any fee that the Buyer may determine.
4.2. A Licence does not allow the Buyer to:
(a) Use the Licensed Asset or Derivative Works in a logo, trademark or service mark;
(b) Use, sell, share, transfer, give away, sublicense or redistribute the Licensed Asset or Derivate Works other than as part of the relevant Non-Monetized Media Product or Monetized Media Product; or
(c) Allow the user of the Non-Monetized Media Product or Monetized Media Product to extract the Licensed Asset or Derivative Works and use them outside of the relevant Non-Monetized Media Product or Monetized Media Product.
4.3. In the case of a Licence in respect of multiple Licensed Assets in a bundle or pack, the Buyer may use the Licensed Assets within the bundle or pack in respect of multiple Non-Monetized Media Products and/or Monetized Media Products provided that no one individual Licensed Asset within that bundle or pack is used more than once or in more than one Non-Monetized Media Product or Monetized Media Product.
4.4. A sequel to a Non-Monetized Media Products or Monetized Media Product is considered a separate Media Product in its own right and the use of any Licensed Assets howsoever in or in respect of such sequel requires and is conditional upon the purchase of a separate Licence in respect thereof.
- SALE OF ASSETS AND PAYMENT PROVISIONS
5.1. By uploading any Assets to the Marketplace, the Vendor acknowledges and accepts that 20% of the Purchase Price of each Licensed Asset received by Game Asset Market shall be retained by Game Asset Market by way of commission.
5.2. For each Licensed Asset, the Vendor shall be entitled to payment by Game Asset Market of 80% of the Purchase Price received by Game Asset Market (“Vendor’s Revenue”).
5.3. Subject to 5.4, the Vendor’s revenue from their accumulated sales shall be calculated on two time periods and payments to Vendors will occur on the 1st and 16th of every month.
5.4. The scope of the two time periods starts from 16th to the last day of the current month for the first payment which is the 1st of every month and the second time period is from 1st to the 15th of the current month for the second payment which is the 16th of every month.
5.5. Any and all transaction fees due in connection with a Withdrawal (including, but not limited to, Paypal fees) shall be payable by the Vendor. In the event that Game Asset Market is required to pay any such fees on behalf of the Vendor, these shall be deducted by Game Asset Market from the Withdrawal payment made to the Vendor.
5.6. VAT shall (if and to the extent applicable) be charged, accounted for and paid in respect of all transactions taking place via the Marketplace in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Game Asset Market’s lawful instructions and the Vendor and Buyer shall provide all such information, documentation and assistance and shall take such steps and actions as Game Asset Market may lawfully require for such purposes.
5.7. By uploading any Assets to the Marketplace, the Vendor:
(a) agrees to grant the Licences to Game Asset Market for the purpose of sub-licensing the same to Buyers;
(b) grants Game Asset Market a non-exclusive perpetual licence to:
(i) reproduce the Asset on the Marketplace;
(ii) make Licences in respect of the Asset available for sale to Buyers via the Marketplace; and
(iii) use the Asset in relation to the advertising, promotion and distribution of our site and the Marketplace.
5.8. Game Asset Market may refuse, in its sole discretion, to allow Vendors to offer an Asset for license on the Marketplace. Game Asset Market is not required to give reasons for refusing to allow a Vendor to offer an Asset for license on the Marketplace.
5.9. The Vendor warrants that:
(a) it is the sole legal and exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights in each Asset;
(b) the Asset does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(c) the exercise by Game Asset Market of rights granted under these Marketplace Terms (including sub-licensing Licences to Buyers) will not infringe the rights of any person;
(d) the Asset does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
(e) the Asset shall not create liability for Game Asset Market or cause Game Asset Market to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISP or other suppliers;
(f) the Asset shall not cause Game Asset Market to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation by making it available on the Marketplace; and
(g) the Asset complies with the Content Standards set out in our Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website.
5.10. The Vendor acknowledges and agrees that if Game Asset Market determines, in its absolute discretion, or is notified by a third party, that an Asset does not comply with any applicable laws and/or these Marketplace Terms, Game Asset Market may disable the Vendor’s account and withhold all amounts that the Vendor may have earned from the sale of Licences in respect of the relevant Asset until any dispute in relation to the Asset has been resolved to the satisfaction of Game Asset Market.
5.11. The Vendor acknowledges and agrees that Game Asset Market may, at its sole discretion, elect at any time and for any reason to remove Assets from the Marketplace without notice to the Vendor. Game Asset Market is not responsible for any loss that the Vendor may suffer as a result an Asset being removed from the Marketplace by Game Asset Market.
- OWNERSHIP OF ASSETS, DERIVATIVE WORKS AND MEDIA PRODUCT
6.1. Any and all intellectual property rights in the Asset shall be owned by the Vendor.
6.2. Any and all intellectual property rights in Derivative Works shall be owned by the Vendor. To the extent that any such intellectual property rights automatically vest in the Buyer, then in consideration of the Licence granted to the Buyer to create Derivative Works (which the Buyer hereby acknowledges is adequate and sufficient consideration) the Buyer hereby assigns by way of present and future assignment, any and all such rights to the Vendor. The Buyer shall execute and deliver such documents and perform such acts as may be required for the purpose of giving evidence of and/or full effect to such assignment.
6.3. Subject to clauses 6.1 and 6.2, any and all intellectual property rights in the Media Product shall be owned by the Buyer.
- LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
7.1. This clause 7 applies in addition to the limitations and exclusions of Game Asset Market’s liability set out in the Terms of Using the Website.
7.2. Game Asset Market does not have any control over, and does not take any responsibility for, the quality, safety or legality of any Asset uploaded to, or downloaded from, the Marketplace by a Member.
7.3. Game Asset Market does not warrant that the Assets or any content, code, data or materials uploaded to, or downloaded from, the Marketplace does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party. Each Vendor is required to warrant that its Asset does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
7.4. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Game Asset Market shall not be liable to any Member for any costs, expenses, loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential and whether economic or other) arising from Game Asset Market’s exercise of the rights granted to it under these Marketplace Terms (including sub-licensing Licences to Buyers).
7.5. Each Member shall indemnify Game Asset Market against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages or losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Game Asset Market arising out of or in connection with:
(a) Game Asset Market’s exercise of the rights granted to it under these Marketplace Terms (including sub-licensing Licences to Buyers); and/or
(b) the enforcement of these Marketplace Terms.
7.6. Nothing in these Marketplace Terms shall have the effect of excluding or limiting any liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
8.1. Game Asset Market may sub-contract, sub-license, delegate or otherwise transfer Game Asset Market’s rights and obligations under these Marketplace Terms to another organisation, but this will not affect a Member’s rights under these Marketplace Terms.
8.2. A Member may only sub-contract, sub-license, delegate or otherwise transfer its rights or its obligations under these Marketplace Terms to another person if Game Asset Market agrees in writing.
8.3. Each clause of these Marketplace Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
8.4. If Game Asset Market fails to insist that a Member performs any of its obligations under these Marketplace Terms, or if Game Asset Market does not enforce Game Asset Market’s rights against a Member, or if Game Asset Market delays in doing so, that will not mean that Game Asset Market has waived Game Asset Market’s rights against the Member and will not mean that Members do not have to comply with those obligations. If Game Asset Market does waive a default by a Member, Game Asset Market will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that Game Asset Market will automatically waive any later default by a Member.
8.5. These Marketplace Terms are governed by Australian law. This means these Marketplace Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or the Marketplace will be governed by the country in which Game Asset Market operates.
Terms of Using the Website
- 1.1. Game Asset Market will be referred as (“Game Asset Market” or “we” or “us”).
- 1.5.1. Our Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website.
- 1.5.3. If you purchase or sell Assets via our site, our Marketplace Terms will apply to the sales.
2. LICENCE TO USE WEBSITE
- 2.1.1. view pages from our site in a web browser;
- 2.1.2. download pages from our site for caching in a web browser;
- 2.1.3. print pages from our site;
- 2.1.4. stream audio and video files from our site;
- 2.1.5. use our site services by means of a web browser; and
- 2.1.6. purchase and sell Assets via our site in accordance with the Marketplace Terms.
- 2.3. Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- 2.3.1. republish material from our site (including republication on another website);
- 2.3.2. sell, rent or sub-licence material from our site;
- 2.3.3. show any material from our site in public;
- 2.3.4. exploit material from our site for a commercial purpose; or
- 2.3.5. redistribute material from our site, except as may be permitted in accordance with the Marketplace Terms.
- 2.4. We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our site, or indeed our whole site, at our discretion. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our site.
3. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNTS
- 3.1. You may register for an account with our site by completing and submitting the account registration form on our site, and clicking on the verification link in the email that our site will send to you.
- 3.2. Access to certain areas of our site is restricted to members only.
- 3.3. Only users that have registered an account and expressly agreed to these terms will be permitted to buy and sell Assets using our Marketplace in accordance with our Marketplace Terms.
- 3.4. Once registered with an account, you will, subject to these terms (and such other terms and policies referred to herein), be permitted to:
- 3.4.1. buy Assets from other registered users using our Marketplace;
- 3.4.2. sell Assets to other registered users using our Marketplace;
- 3.4.3. participate in the online community; and
- 3.4.4. participate in the referral scheme.
- 3.5. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- 3.6. You must not use any other person’s account to access our site.
4. USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
- 4.1. If you register for an account with our site, you will be asked to choose a username and password.
- 4.3. You must keep your password confidential.
- 4.4. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
- 4.5. You are responsible for any activity on our site arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
5. CANCELLATION AND SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT
- 5.1. We may:
- 5.1.1. suspend your account;
- 5.1.2. cancel your account; and/or
- 5.1.3. edit your account details,
- at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- 5.2. You may cancel your account on our site, using your account control panel on our site.
6. YOUR CONTENT: LICENCE
- 6.2. Subject to our Marketplace Terms in respect of Assets:
- 6.2.1. You grant to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, ongoing, royalty-free licence to store, publish and distribute your content on and in relation to this site and any successor site(s).
- 6.2.2. You grant to us the right to sub-licence the rights licenced under clause 6.2.2.
- 6.3. Game Asset Market does not take any responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of any content downloaded by you from our site.
- 6.4. You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our site.
- 6.6. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed by a user of our site, please contact us with your contact details, a description of the infringement you believe has been made, and a statement confirming that you are the copyright owner or are permitted to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
7. YOUR CONTENT: RULES
- 7.1. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the Content Standards set out in our Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website.
- 7.2. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those Content Standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- 7.3. Subject to our Marketplace Terms, any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- 7.4. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- 7.5. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
- 7.6. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website.
- 7.7. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
8. LIMITED WARRANTIES
- 8.1. We do not warrant or represent:
- 8.1.1. the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our site;
- 8.1.2. that the material on our site is up to date; or
- 8.1.3. that our site or any service on our site will remain available.
- 8.3. You agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss that may be incurred by any interruption to or suspension of service.
9. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
- 9.1.1. limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- 9.1.2. limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 9.1.3. limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- 9.1.4. exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- 9.2.1. are subject to clause 9.1; and
- 9.3. To the extent that any portions of our site and any information and services on our site are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- 9.4. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- 9.5. We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- 9.6. We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- 9.7. We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- 9.9. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites, which may or may not be provided by or through websites linked to from our site, even if they are owned or run by affiliates of ours. The inclusion of any link to such websites on our site does not imply our endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of that website.
- 9.10. You accept that, whilst we take precautions to protect the information you transmit to our site, we cannot ensure the security of that information.
- 10.1.1. send you one or more formal warnings;
- 10.1.2. temporarily suspend your access to our site;
- 10.1.3. permanently prohibit you from accessing our site;
- 10.1.4. block computers using your IP address from accessing our site;
- 10.1.5. contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our site;
- 10.1.6. commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- 10.1.7. suspend or delete your account on our site.
- 10.2. Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our site or a part of our site, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website
This Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website GameAssetMarket.com (“our site”). This Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website, which supplement our Terms of Using the Website and Marketplace Terms.
Other than as set out in the Marketplace Terms, use of our site does not grant to you any ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access or any intellectual property rights subsisting any content, code, data or materials you may access.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms of Website.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms;
- Bulletin boards; and
- Discussion Forums.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These standards (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all content (as defined in the Terms of Website) and other material which you contribute to our site (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY OF ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE WEBSITE
We may revise this Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Policy of Acceptable Use of the Website may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.